Paleo / Primal / Bacon / CleanEats Lifestyle
Ribs with paleo BBQ Sauce
Ingredients from MarksDailyApple.com
– 1 6oz can tomato paste (preferable organic)
– 1 to 1.5 cups of beef stock (I made my own but if you buy, you want it without salt)
– 3 Cloves Garlic
– .5 of an onion
– 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Grate your onions and dice garlic as fine as possible. You want your BBQ sauce a little chunky but the more fine you dice these, the better the flavor will spread through the entire sauce.
2. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Whether you use 1 cup or 1.5 cups of beef stock will depend on how thick you want your sauce.
3. Bring sauce to heat on stove with a low setting.
4. Cover and simmer. Stir frequently and taste regularly. The longer you simmer, the more consistent your flavor will be. I simmered for 20-30 minutes.