Steak and Poached Eggs!
This past Sunday, I had went to the gym and decided instead of eating breakfast before, I would wait until after my workout and just make brunch. I was contemplating ideas and decided to go with steak and eggs. I am typically a strip-steak guy but decided to go for a nice filet. I bought two 5 oz. filets and went to town.
- 2 5oz. Filets of beef
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1T of butter and 1T olive-oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vinegar
- 3 cups of water
- wrap bacon around each filet and hold in place with a toothpick or two
- season liberally with salt and pepper
- heat butter and olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on high
- wait until super hot(almost smoking) and place filets down on pan
- let sear for 1 minute, flip and place in 450 degree oven for 7-10mins depending on how you eat your steak(I went for med-rare, it was about 7 mins)
- when steak is to your liking take out and set on plate to cool for 5-10mins
- crack each egg in a separate little bowl or ramikin
- bring 3 cups of water to boil in sauce-pan and add vinegar
- gently place each egg in the boiling water and cook for exactly 3 mins, remove from pan with slottted spoon
- when egg is done rest it on paper towels to dry some of the water off
- place an egg on each steak and enjoy
I also made an avocado and tomato salad for a side. Slice and cube tomatoes and avocado then drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper the mixture. Enjoy!