Paleo / Primal / Bacon / CleanEats Lifestyle
I get the question “I am sick of the normal breakfast of omelets, bacon, etc..” Today I switched it up and decided to make some poached eggs on top of an arugula salad with a side avocado. It is a great way to get your greens in the morning and poached egg adds a nice dressing to the peppery arugula.
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar(helps egg whites set up)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dress arugula with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice
- bring two cup of water to a boil with 1T white vinegar
- crack each egg into a separate small ramekin or soup ladle(thats what I used)
- place each egg in water slowly and stir the water to create a whirlpool(it will help eggs be nice and round)
- set timer for 3 mins.
- once timer goes off remove eggs from pan with a slotted spoon and rest on paper towels to absorb moisture
- place eggs on arugula