Paleo / Primal / Bacon / CleanEats Lifestyle
Want a way to spice up your boring old salmon? Why not add some crunch, sweetness and tanginess, with a honey-dijon glaze and a walnut crust. Now I need to give credit to the WashingtonPost.com because thats where I found the recipe. I had some walnuts in the cabinet and salmon that needed to be cooked so I Googled “walnut salmon” and this is what came up in my search results. Totally Paleo friendly if you eat honey. Some of my co-workers who hate salmon said they would eat this meal again, but then again they eat anything I make so I am not sure if that is a compliment or not.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 T Honey
- 1 T dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Four 6oz salmon-filets 3/4”-1” thick
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor
- grease pan with coconut oil
- mix together honey, mustard, salt, pepper
- brush mixture onto the top of each salmon filet
- press salmon filet into walnuts
- bake for 10-15 mins, depending on thickness of salmon
- serve with a side of bok-choy, found here.