Paleo / Primal / Bacon / CleanEats Lifestyle
Have your side-dishes been boring? The same old story of spinach, kale, asparagus or salad, give this dish a try and “beet” the competition. These lemon marinated roasted-beets will add quite the punch to your next meal, top them off with some goat cheese and BOOM, you have a winner.
If it is too hot to cook inside, throw these on a skillet in your grill or just grill the beets right on the grates. I love beets they have such a unique taste and texture. Adding the lemon juice really sets them apart from the rest. Beets are loaded with health benefits and I should definitely eat them more often. I guess that means I will have to start buying boxes of rubber gloves because these make a mess when peeling and will definitely stain clothing and hands.
- 3 beets – ends cut off, peeled and sliced about 1/4″ thick(**wear rubber gloves when handling beets, otherwise you will have red hands**)
- 1/4 cup high quality olive-oil. I use Kasandrinos, a great family owned company.
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of pepper
- Goat cheese – amount depends on how much cheese you like, you can omit the cheese if you do not do dairy
- cut ends off of beets, peel and slice into 1/4″ slices
- place beets in zip-lock bag, add lemon juice, olive-oil, salt and pepper
- marinate overnight to let beets soak up all of the flavors
- preheat oven to 400º
- place beets in baking dish and cook for 40-50 minutes flipping halfway through
- beets will be finished when fork tender, cook longer if you prefer them crispier
- top with goat cheese
- Just Beet It